Following an announcement by the WA Government yesterday, there will be an easing of COVID-19 restrictions in Perth and the Peel region.
A post-lockdown transition will be in place from 12.01am Tuesday, April 27 until 12.01am, Saturday, May 1.
The following sport and recreation relevant measures will be in place during this period:
Everyone must continue to wear a mask in public, while at work and on public transport, unless exempt or for outdoor vigorous exercise.
20-patron capacity limit and 4sqm rule applies for:
- cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs for seated service only.
- public venues such as recreation centres and outdoor areas.
- swimming pools can have 20 people per pool.
- entertainment venues.
Professional sport and training are permitted but without spectators. Masks need to be worn unless vigorously exercising. Updated April 28, 2021.
Community sport and training is permitted but without spectators. Masks need to be worn unless vigorously exercising. Updated April 28, 2021.
Fitness clubs, gyms, casinos and nightclubs remain closed.
Outdoor Bootcamp and fitness classes are permitted with a maximum of 20 participants.
Regional travel restrictions will be removed, but restrictions on travel to remote Aboriginal communities remain in place.
Anyone in an unaffected region who has been in Perth or Peel since April 17 must comply with mask-wearing requirements.
For the latest updates, please visit:
The Volleyball WA office will be open this week with staff members working on a roster system throughout the week. If you need to make contact, please call the office on (08) 9228 8522 or via email. The Volleyball WA staff emails can be found via the following link: https://volleyballwa.com.au/about-us/staff/
In relation to Volleyball WA planned/sanctioned events for the period Tuesday, April 27 through to Sunday, May 2, 2021:
- Lead Volley Panel meeting (Wednesday, April 28) – postponed and will be moved to another date (TBC). For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected]
- Level #2 Referee course (Saturday 1 May) – planned to be hosted unless the transition lock-down restrictions remain in situ for the weekend. If this occurs, then the course will be conducted via Zoom (online). For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected].
- Mandurah Cup (Saturday, May 1 & Sunday, May 2) – planned to be hosted unless the transition lock-down restrictions remain in situ for the weekend. For further information please contact Mandurah Volleyball Association at [email protected].
- WAVL Division #2 Grading Day – Women (Sunday, May 2) – planned to be hosted unless the transition lock-down restrictions remain in situ for the weekend. For further information please contact Jackie Tamburri at [email protected].
- Kids Volley – Spike-zone Centres – some centres will continue to host their activities this week. Please either contact the centre your child attends for further information, or Sean Andrews at Volleyball WA – [email protected].
- Club, Association and Indoor Beach Centre trainings, games and activities – please contact your Club, Association or Indoor Beach Centres directly. For those of you who are not sure of the relevant contact details please visit the Volleyball WA website link https://volleyballwa.com.au/places-to-play/
Volleyball WA will advise of any further updates as updated information becomes available from the WA Government. Please continue to look after yourselves and check in on your teammates during these times.
Volleyball WA Board and Staff