STAYED TUNED! As of Friday April 30, we have been advised by DLGSC that a further announcement will be made later this evening which may provide different information to that which is below. We will update this information as it comes to hand.
Following an announcement by the WA Government last night, there will be an easing of COVID-19 restrictions in Perth and the Peel region.
A post-lockdown transition will be in place from 12.01 am Saturday, May 1 until 12.01 am, Saturday, May 8.
The following sport and recreation relevant measures will be in place during this period:
- Masks are not required outside except where physical distancing is not possible.
- Masks are mandatory for indoor public venues, including in the workplace and on public transport. Exemptions apply including for medical reasons and primary school-aged children or younger. People should use common sense and take a mask with them whenever they leave home.
- Professional sport and training are permitted with spectators. Masks need to be worn unless vigorously exercising.
- Community sport and training is permitted with spectators. Masks need to be worn unless vigorously exercising.
- Gyms & fitness centres can re-open with the two square metre rule in place
- Public venues, including recreation centres, can open with the two square metre rule in place
- Outdoor Bootcamp and fitness classes are permitted.
- Major stadiums, including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena and HBF Park can operate at 75 per cent capacity.
- Regional travel restrictions will be removed, but restrictions on travel to remote Aboriginal communities remain in place.
- Anyone in an unaffected region who has been in Perth or Peel since April 17 must comply with mask-wearing requirements.
For the latest updates, please visit:
The Volleyball WA office will be open next week with staff members working on a roster system throughout the week. If you need to make contact, please call the office on (08) 9228 8522 or via email. The Volleyball WA staff emails can be found via the following link: https://volleyballwa.com.au/about-us/staff/
In relation to Volleyball WA planned/sanctioned events for the period Saturday, May 1 – Saturday, May 8, 2021:
- Lead Volley Panel meeting – now rescheduled to Wednesday, May 5. For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected]
- Level #2 Referee course (Saturday 1 May) – Will go ahead as planned. For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected].
- Mandurah Cup (Saturday, May 1 & Sunday, May 2) – Will go ahead as planned. For further information please contact Mandurah Volleyball Association at [email protected].
- WAVL Division #2 Grading Day – Women (Sunday, May 2) – Will go ahead as planned. For further information please contact Jackie Tamburri at [email protected].
- Kids Volley – Spike-zone Centres – some centres will continue to host their activities this week. Please either contact the centre your child attends for further information, or Sean Andrews at Volleyball WA – [email protected].
- Club, Association and Indoor Beach Centre training, games and activities – please contact your Club, Association or Indoor Beach Centres directly. For those of you who are not sure of the relevant contact details please visit the Volleyball WA website link https://volleyballwa.com.au/places-to-play/
Volleyball WA will advise of any further updates as updated information becomes available from the WA Government. Please continue to look after yourselves and check in on your teammates during these times.
Volleyball WA Board and Staff