Volleyball WA provides the following information that will assist all of our Volleyball community in the decisions to be made between 6.00pm Friday, February 5 through to 12.01am on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
As indicated in the Volleyball COVID-19 update on February 5, 2021, Volleyball WA, along with many other sports had asked questions to which we needed further clarification, these have now been supplied by the Western Australian government.
- A link to the frequently asked questions for sport can be found here https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/covid-19-coronavirus-transitioning-out-of-lockdown-frequently-asked-questions-faq#sport
- For your additional information, a link to the Frequently asked questions for the transition out of lockdown can be found here. https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/covid-19-coronavirus-transition-frequently-asked-questions-faq
In brief, the post-lockdown transition period for Perth and Peel includes:
- Wearing a mask when in public and while at work, unless exempt or for vigorous outdoor exercise
For example, someone playing basketball or running outdoors would not need to wear a mask whilst exercising. However, people participating in non-vigorous exercise, such as golf or walking, would be required to wear a mask.
- All businesses can reopen, except for the casino and nightclubs
- 4 square metre capacity rule in place for businesses and venues, up to a maximum of 150
- 150-person capacity at all events including weddings, funerals, and community sport
- Seated service only at hospitality venues
- Dancing only permitted at weddings and dance studios
- 20-person limit for private indoor and outdoor gatherings
- Visits to aged care and disability care facilities restricted to compassionate grounds
- Residential school and boarding facilities can resume with a COVID Safety Plan
- Only essential travel permitted in and out of the Perth and Peel regions to other parts of WA.
- Masks are required to be worn by all school staff and secondary students. They are not required for primary school students.
Please also find attached a flyer provided by the WA Government regarding the wearing of masks, we would ask that you print this and display in at the venues and facilities that are being used for volleyball activities.
As always, we will continue to provide ongoing communications and updates on matters that may affect you.
Please stay safe, healthy and check in with each other during these times.
VWA Board and Staff Teams
HOW TO WEAR A MASK