As was announced, WA has recorded three new COVID-19 cases and you should visit www.wa.gov.au to see if you need to get tested. People in Perth and Peel must now wear a mask inside and outside.
Although there is an easing of restrictions in Perth and Peel, mask requirements in these areas or for people transiting in and out of the area, will remain in place until 8 May 2021.
Mask restrictions also apply to anyone who has left Perth and Peel since 17 April 2021 and travelled to other regions of WA.
It’s a good idea to carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home.
Masks must be worn in indoor public spaces, such as:
- shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets
- hospitals and aged care facilities
- hospitality venues such as restaurants, cafés, bars, pubs and nightclubs (not required for patrons while eating or drinking)
- stadiums and arenas
- hair, nail and beauty salons
- churches and places of worship
- indoor recreational facilities, sport and gyms
- indoor workplaces
- public transport, taxis and rideshare, including waiting areas and queues for this transport
- airports and travelling on planes.
You do not need to wear a mask when you are eating and drinking, driving your own private vehicle, when doing vigorous exercise outdoors, or when teaching.
You should wear a mask outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people.
For more information about transitional restrictions, visit:
For the latest updates, please visit:
The Volleyball WA office will be open next week with staff members working on a roster system throughout the week. If you need to make contact, please call the office on (08) 9228 8522 or via email. The Volleyball WA staff emails can be found via the following link: https://volleyballwa.com.au/about-us/staff/
In relation to Volleyball WA planned/sanctioned events for the period Saturday, May 1 – Saturday, May 8, 2021:
- Lead Volley Panel meeting – now rescheduled to Wednesday, May 5. For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected]
- Junior State Team Trials – Saturday, May 8 at Curtin Stadium will go ahead as scheduled. For more information contact Gareth Whitehead at [email protected]
- WAVJL Competition – Will go ahead as scheduled from Friday, May 7. For further information please contact Greg Hunt at [email protected]
- WAVL Competition – Will go ahead as planned from May 9. For further information please contact Jackie Tamburri at [email protected].
- Kids Volley – Spike-zone Centres – some centres will continue to host their activities this week. Please either contact the centre your child attends for further information, or Sean Andrews at Volleyball WA – [email protected].
- Club, Association and Indoor Beach Centre training, games and activities – please contact your Club, Association or Indoor Beach Centres directly. For those of you who are not sure of the relevant contact details please visit the Volleyball WA website link https://volleyballwa.com.au/places-to-play/
Volleyball WA will advise of any further updates as updated information becomes available from the WA Government. Please continue to look after yourselves and check in on your teammates during these times.
Volleyball WA Board and Staff