As was announced, the Perth and Peel post-lockdown restrictions have been eased further from 12.01 am Saturday, 1 May 2021.
The easing of restrictions will see Perth and Peel move closer to the return of pre-lockdown life, but a small number of transitional measures will remain in place until Saturday, 8 May 2021.
The following eased transitional restrictions are in effect from 12.01 am Saturday, May 1 until 12.01 am Saturday 8 May:
- Indoor and outdoor community sport can resume with spectators.
- Masks are mandatory for indoor public venues unless you are eating, drinking or swimming. Exemptions apply including for medical reasons and primary school-aged children or younger.
- Masks are not required outside except where physical distancing is not possible.
- Indoor weddings and funerals permitted for up to 200 guests without an exemption.
- Funeral attendees must continue to practice physical distancing, where possible, and observe COVID safe principles.
- People wishing to apply for an exemption to have more than 200 attendees at a funeral or wedding should email [email protected]
- Outdoor gatherings can take place with up to 500 people without a COVID event plan.
- Major stadiums, including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena and HBF Park can operate at 75 per cent capacity.
The following pre-lockdown measures will resume from 12.01 am Saturday, 1 May:
- Seated hospitality venues, including restaurants, cafés, food courts and bars that provide seated service only, can open at 75 per cent capacity or apply the 2sqm rule — whichever is greater.
- Public venues, including, community centres, libraries, museums, galleries, recreation centres, can open with the two square metre rule in place.
- All businesses, workplaces and higher education can now reopen.
Certain indoor and outdoor entertainment venues with fixed seating will be able to operate at 100 per cent capacity, this includes theatres, concert halls, cinemas, comedy lounges and performing arts centres.
The casino can reopen subject to the 2sqm rule.
It is vital that all Western Australians ensure they are registering their contact details at businesses and venues where contact registers are mandatory. The SafeWA app is an efficient and safe way to assist contact tracing if it is required.
People should use common sense and take a mask with them whenever they leave home.
For the latest updates, please visit:
The Volleyball WA office will be open next week with staff members working on a roster system throughout the week. If you need to make contact, please call the office on (08) 9228 8522 or via email. The Volleyball WA staff emails can be found via the following link: https://volleyballwa.com.au/about-us/staff/
In relation to Volleyball WA planned/sanctioned events for the period Saturday, May 1 – Saturday, May 8, 2021:
- Lead Volley Panel meeting – now rescheduled to Wednesday, May 5. For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected]
- Level #2 Referee course (Saturday 1 May) – Will go ahead as planned. For further information please contact Tayla Tenaglia at [email protected].
- Mandurah Cup (Saturday, May 1 & Sunday, May 2) – Please contact the Mandurah Volleyball Club for further information at [email protected].
- WAVL Division #2 Grading Day – Women (Sunday, May 2) – Will go ahead as planned. For further information please contact Jackie Tamburri at [email protected].
- Kids Volley – Spike-zone Centres – some centres will continue to host their activities this week. Please either contact the centre your child attends for further information, or Sean Andrews at Volleyball WA – [email protected].
- Club, Association and Indoor Beach Centre training, games and activities – please contact your Club, Association or Indoor Beach Centres directly. For those of you who are not sure of the relevant contact details please visit the Volleyball WA website link https://volleyballwa.com.au/places-to-play/
Volleyball WA will advise of any further updates as updated information becomes available from the WA Government. Please continue to look after yourselves and check in on your teammates during these times.
Volleyball WA Board and Staff