During these challenging times, Volleyball WA understands the ongoing pressures that many small businesses, clubs and organisations are facing.
To help support the sport and it’s ongoing operations, Volleyball WA is actively looking at ways to support its community and provide valuable information. Below is some information around grant opportunities and financial support clubs could apply for.
The State Government, through Lotterywest, has committed $159 million to respond to hardship being experienced by the WA community as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic across three categories:
- Crisis & Emergency Relief Fund
- Event Cancellation Relief for Arts, Sports & Community Groups
- Resilient Community Grant
While the grant has not been released yet, the relevant legislation has been passed by the State Government. You can find out more by heading to the Lotterywest information page.
A campaign to support small businesses through this challenging time has been launch by the State Government including:
- One-off grants of $17,500
- Fast-track payroll tax relief for small businesses
- Waiver of 2019-20 payroll tax available to small and medium-sized businesses
- Rent relief for small businesses and not-for-profits in Government-owned buildings for six months.
For more information about the campaign, you can visit the‘Small business needs your business’ campaign page.
Local Government Support
Local Governments are taking a range of measures to relieve the impact on the local community. These measures aim to reduce the financial impact on ratepayers and local businesses while working to stimulate the local economy. Key measures include:
- Rate Freezes
- Bringing forward Capital Works programs
- Refund booking fees for Council events and assets
- Rent relief to tenants of Council properties
To help you identify your local council and the measures they are taking, visit the ‘My Council’ page.
Volleyball WA will continue to keep in touch and update all it’s affiliates as information becomes available. If clubs would like more information you can contact Volleyball WA’s Club & Workforce Development Coordinator at [email protected]
This is an unprecedented situation for all of us, so please continue to be kind to each other. Look after yourself and your loved ones and don’t forget to check in on your teammates.