It will come as no surprise to many of you in our Volleyball Community, that it was Danielle (Dani) Francis who was just recently awarded the Volleyball Australia Life Membership at their annual AGM.
Dani has been a constant figure at major Volleyball events and competitions for more than twenty years locally and interstate. She plays an important role as a mentor and has contributed to the development of many referees encouraging them to continually improve and perform to the highest level.
Below is a bit of a snapshot of some of the events and achievements that have made up her career:
- Referee at WAVL/PVL since 2000
- Referee at Australian Volleyball League 2000 – 2022
- Referee at Australian Junior Volleyball Championships 2000-2022
- Referee at Australian Youth Volleyball Championships 2016 – 2022
- WA representative on the Volleyball Australia Referee Commission 2004-2015
- 2014 Asian Women’s Volleyball Tournament, 2014 Men’s World Leaue Semi Finals and 2014 Women’s Championship qualifier.
- Chief Referee at Australian Volleyball Schools Cup 2002-2011
- She was awarded the Volleyball WA Life Membership in 2015 and has also won Volleyball Australia and Volley WA Referee of the Year on multiple occasions.
- Referee at 2nd Asian Women’s U23 Volleyball Championships 2017
- Referee at 12th Asian Women U17 Volleyball Championships 2018
- Referee at Volleyball Nations League 2018
- Referee at Invictus Games 2019
- Referee at 3rd Asian Women’s U23 Volleyball Championship
Volleyball WA congratulates Danielle Francis for this achievement and thanks her for her ongoing and unwavering support of the development and growth of the sport.