Effective 12pm, Sunday 27 June, restrictions will be introduced for Perth and Peel for a minimum 3 days. This follows a community case of COVID-19 being detected overnight in WA, relating to NSW travel.
People are encouraged to check the locations in WA visited by confirmed cases.
- Masks mandatory:
- Public transport
- Outdoor public areas where physical distancing is not possible.
- Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students and those who are exempt.
- Limit of 30 visitors to the home.
- Events that cannot be restricted to 150 people will be cancelled or played without spectators today.
Business and venues
- 150 patron limit and 2sqm rule for:
- Public venues (swimming pools, recreation centres)
- Fitness venues (gyms, Pilates, yoga, dance studios)
- Places of worship.
- Permitted to go ahead.
- Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students
Weddings and funerals
- Limited to 150 attendees.
Hospitals, aged and disability care
- Maximum of 4 personal visitors per patient per day
- Travel should be minimised out of Perth and Peel
- Anyone who travels outside Perth and Peel required to wear a mask
- Travel to remote Aboriginal communities remains restricted.
What this means for Volleyball?
The Volleyball WA office and all staff will be in the office as normal.
All Clubs should check if they have access to their training venues this week and if so, masks must be worn except when vigorously exercising until midnight Wednesday unless the WA Government issues any further restrictions or health advice.
Volleyball WA planned/sanctioned events after Wednesday, June 30 will go ahead as scheduled unless the WA Government issues any further restrictions or health advice.
All other COVID safety measures such as signing in via the Safe WA App or physical register, social physical distancing where possible, practising good hygiene, staying home if unwell and getting tested or vaccination if you qualify still apply.
For the latest updates, please visit: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/announcements/restrictions-introduced-perth-and-peel
Thank you for your cooperation and support over the weekend as we adapted to meet the changing circumstances. Volleyball WA will advise of any further updates as updated information becomes available from the WA Government. Please continue to look after yourselves and check in on your teammates during these times.
Volleyball WA Board and Staff