Restrictions will ease in Perth and Peel as planned from 12.01 am, Saturday, May 8, subject to no further outbreaks. These restrictions remain in place until 12.01 am, Saturday May 15.
The following will take effect from 12:01 am, Saturday, May 8:
- Masks only required in the following settings:
- Public transport
- Aged care and disability facilities
- Large events with more than 1,000 people.
- Four personal visitors permitted per patient per day in a hospital, aged care, or disability facility, with masks mandatory.
- Casino gaming floor and nightclubs can reopen, subject to the 2sqm rule.
- 100-person limit in all homes, for private indoor or outdoor gatherings.
- 200-person limit on weddings and funerals. People who wish to have more than 200 people must apply for an exemption by completing the Weddings and funeral exemptions form and emailing it to [email protected]
- Major stadiums, including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena, HBF Park and HBF Stadium – Main Arena can operate at 75 per cent capacity, with masks mandatory.
Anyone who has been in Perth or Peel in the previous 14 days but has since travelled to another region must also wear a mask, subject to the above conditions.
What this means for Volleyball?
The Volleyball WA office and all staff will return to the office next week.
All Volleyball WA planned/sanctioned events post Saturday, May 8 will go ahead as scheduled with masks no longer mandatory for players, officials, and spectators.
All other COVID safety measures such as signing in via the Safe WA App or physical register, social physical distancing where possible, practising good hygiene, staying home if unwell and getting tested or vaccination if you qualify still apply.
For the latest updates, please visit: Perth and Peel restrictions significantly ease from 12.01am, Saturday 8 May (www.wa.gov.au)
Thank you for your cooperation and support over the past few weeks as we have adapted to meet the changing circumstances. Volleyball WA will advise of any further updates as updated information becomes available from the WA Government. Please continue to look after yourselves and check in on your teammates during these times.
Volleyball WA Board and Staff